Monday, September 21, 2009

Maid Rite Made Right!

I was told by a couple of people that I needed to go to Rolla for a Maid Rite burger. So when Burger Buddy Colleen presented me with this opportunity, I was not about to decline, even if it would be my third burger of the weekend!

I was a little disappointed that they, like Booches, only offer mustard, ketchup, pickles and onions, but I can forgive this for a number of reasons. First, the loose quality of the meat makes toppings like lettuce and tomato more messy and difficult. Also, after I ordered, I was told that they chop up the onions, meaning they are more incorporated into the meat, not large slices atop the burger. I can handle chopped up onions, and even pickles, so I regret only getting ketchup and cheese on my burger. It was also cheaper (which I suppose makes sense, since it's a fast-food restaurant) and friendlier, which anyone can appreciate!

As for the actual burger, it was quite tasty for what it was and I really enjoyed my burger experience. Pair it with some fried mushrooms and you've got yourself a delicious meal on the go!

8/10 sesame seeds

7 comments:

  1. bad memories... but the fried mushrooms are delicious, i must admit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly I want to say Maid right is in the mall...in columbia MO. it's probabaly not the same quality as the solo establishment but it is a bit closer...

    second. I'd have to say Flat Branch is one of the best burgers I've ever had. sadly enough it's the reason I'm packing on the pounds... I go every sunday with tom. you really should check it out

    Classic Pub Burger with cheddar and fries! and don't forget to ask for Horseradish sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I feel dumb. But I think it might be closed now, or it didn't last long, at least.

    And I had a Flat Branch burger many months ago and I remember it being amazing! I should probably go back..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a burger I need to try. Not a fan a fried mushrooms, though. Bleh! Anyway, so is there a Maid Rite in CoMO or only in Rolla. Next time I'm down that way, if one doesn't exist here, I'll have to check it out.

    On another note, you should check out the 63 Diner on Rangeline north of town. They make a pretty darn good burger.

    Wanted to add that Loaded Cheddar Burger at the 63 Diner is a good place to start.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been to the mall recently, but it's supposed to be at the food court. (Which would explain why I've never noticed it) I'm almost positive the one in Rolla would be better just because it's its own freestanding restaurant. I don't really like anything at a food court beside Subway, Sbarro or the place with delicious teriyaki chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lebanon has a Maid Rite! I never went though because I thought they just had deli sandwiches and the shop is right next to Quizno's, and I sure do love Quizno's! I always get the turkey, bacon & guacamole sandwich. MMMMmm

    ReplyDelete