Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The McGangBang is not sexy

Oh god, my stomach is knotting up. Only minutes ago, I ate the infamous McGangBang... and actually, it was delicious. I wouldn't give it Burger Boner status; I consider it a Burger Bonus, though. I ate mine with ketchup and BBQ sauce, no pickles, onions or mustard, as you can hear in my video!         
 
Unfortunately, the chicken sandwich did not include the bun, so it wasn't quite the burger I had read about, but it was still pretty hefty. The sandwich actually made McDonald's fries taste barely mediocre (I guess they do already, but it was even less than that). 

When we ordered, for Burger Buddy Stuart joined me in this endeavor, there was a 30 second pause before the employee spoke again, making sure he had heard correctly. I think the guy who took our order was confused, but when we got our order an employee exclaimed, "I know whatchu talkin' bout! That's how we do it down Souf! Yo, I hooked ya'll up!" And hooked up we were. As you can see from the picture, it was simply a chicken patty nestled between two delicious burger patties. The patty excitement was palpable. I was expecting some lettuce, tomato and maybe some more buns, but this McGangBang did the trick. After a night of casual drinking, this delicious sandwich was exactly what the doctor ordered!

I would recommend it to anyone to try, you'd be surprised, but I'm not sure I'd order it again (mainly for health reasons). I'm hoping my heart and digestive system pull through this, but I think the experience was worth it. I'd give it 3 out of 5 sesame seeds (it's how I'm going to rate my burgers since it's alliteration and a burger reference all in one). Go try one, just once!

Peace & Burgers


4 comments:

  1. That looks so beautiful. I wish you could have captured on camera the order from the beginning.

    And did they refer to it as a McDouble, or is that what Stuart got?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They pretty much just said we have to order it as a McDouble and a chicken sandwich... they never actually said McGangBang :( And yeah, I wanted to, but I only had my phone which takes about 30 second videos. LAME.

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome that you actually ordered a McGangbang. Hilarious! It does sound like it would be a tasty combination of flavors.

    ReplyDelete