Saturday, September 5, 2009

Fast Food Burger Boners

I'm sure you all have your favorite places to grab a burger and I do too! I'm from the West Coast, but am currently living in the Midwest, so it should come as no surprise that my top choices are In-N-Out and Culver's.

Let's start with In-N-Out. Damn, I haven't eaten In-n-Out in nearly a year and this is a MAJOR Burger Bummer. I love everything from their fresh, simple menu ( http://www.in-n-out.com/freshness.asp ) to their lovely little french fries. Most fans are aware that you can order a burger "Animal Style", which involves everything, including grilled onions and a special Thousand Island-type sauce. However I had no idea their secret menu was any more extensive. Check out http://www.badmouth.net/in-n-outs-secret-menu/ ! I'm only counting down the days until November, when I can go home and wrap my mouth around a delicious Double-Double and a big basket of fries! Not too mention, they treat their employees great, with  wages around $10 an hour!

I met Culver's much later in life and have never looked back since. Who doesn't love a good Butter Burger 
Basket? For those of you in the dark, this generally looks like a delicious cheeseburger (with an adorable signature pickle slice on top of the bun), crinkle-cut fries and a shake (or fountain drink for you wimps). They claim their burgers are never frozen and, well, they taste fresh to me! They also put the cheese under the patty. A little unorthodox, I know, but they make it work. Unlike In-N-Out, they have an extensive menu of delicious frozen treats that compliment their bodacious burgers and my Burger Boy-toy loves their chocolate shakes! What are you waiting for? Get Culverized!! You'll know it when it happens..


On a side note, I hear Whataburger is great, but I have never been Texas or near any region that this chain inhabits. So if you have anything to say about it, let me know!

Peace & Burgers

2 comments:

  1. THIS JUST IN: I was informed Whataburger is overrated. Not surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's called spread not sauce, and Animal Style simply adds more spread, not a special type of sauce. All their burgers have spread, unless you specifically ask for them to leave it off. And employees start at a minimum of ten dollars an hour. Also, you can get fries Animal Style, which adds two slices of cheese, grilled onions, and spread.

    And yes, Whataburger is completely overrated. It tastes pretty much like a whopper.

    Keep up the good burger work.

    ReplyDelete