Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Counter










I know, I rave about every other burger. But The Counter impressed me. This fancy little place offers CUSTOM burgers. Did you hear me?... Custom! You're saying, "Burger Brittany, c'mon, when can't you customize your burger?". Well, friend, when can you order a burger with grilled pineapple, grilled onion, lettuce, tomato, sharp provolone and BBQ sauce?! This puppy was messy AND delicious. Burger Buddy Andrew introduced me to this little delight in the heart of Walnut Creek, CA. Inside is decorated to imitate a diner, but at the same time, a classier, up-to-date bar. An interesting angle surely, but I am most impressed to see a purely burger restaurant that is not, in any way, fast food. Yes, there's the Burger Bar, but it was pretty measly and overpriced for the type of burger I ate. Trust me, those toppings weren't offered in that fancy little "burger bar". Just look at the Build-Your-Own-Burger menu shown above! Look at those options. First, you pick your amount of beef (I went with the 1/3 pounder, to keep my lady-like figure, you know). Then the cheese, I was torn between Imported Swiss or Sharp Provolone, but do not fear, you have 10 different cheeses to choose from. And then, you pick 4 out of the 18 toppings to choose from. If you choose to pay the dollar extra, you can choose out of 28 different toppings! Top it off with whichever bun you like, and you have a quality, custom-made burger for about $8. 
Burger Buddy Andrew chose this monster of a burger shown below. If I recall correctly, it is a mountain of grilled onions, bacon, guacamole, beef and perhaps BBQ sauce. I'm not sure how you even begin to tackle this beast, but he tackled and even tamed her. We paired our burgers with a side a half french fries and half onion strings. Yes, onion strings, not onion rings. They 
were unique and delicious, but very heavy. Come to this classy diner with an appetite. Andrew and I were both nearly incapacitated after this hefty meal. Also, a picture of him enjoying his beastly beef can be viewed in the post of burger buddies eating burgers. Check it out!
I give the counter a 9.5/10, because they didn't bring our fries and strings before the meal, like we hungry hooligans requested!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed andrew's pic...and clearly he enjoyed that burger outing!

    ReplyDelete