Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve Inspiration

Hello Burger Buddies,

My deep and sincere apologies for my month long hiatus. Between finals, traveling and painting, I have neglected my blog and this is unacceptable. Luckily, I watched Julie & Julia tonight and was inspired . Just so my readers know, while I may have neglected my blog, I have certainly not neglected burgers. In fact, there have been burgers galore, including both Culver's and In-N-Out. As far as new burger joints, there have plenty of those as well. You must check out my burger boy toy having his very first In-N-Out burger.. how cute!
First and foremost, Jack's Brewing Company, a nice bar and grill in San Ramon, CA, right off of Crow Canyon. My parents took me to this friendly little joint on my first night back home in November. First, I ordered the beer sampler, because what could be better than beer and burgers? I challenge you to find better burger bliss. For you Columbians in Missouri, I would liken this place to Flat Branch (which happens to be the birthplace of the Burger Brittany persona, but this is another story for another blog post). At Jack's, I ordered the Blackjack burger- a burger "loaded with Cajun spices, grilled onions, jack cheese and bleu cheese dressing" (copied from menu). The Blackjack was amaZING. All that gooey, dripping cheese with the tangy grilled onions... my mouth is watering in rememberance and reverence of the unabashedly topped burger. Whether it was the beer or the burger, I left with an afterglow of satisfaction that lasted for hours. I give this burger a 10/10 and you know what put it over the top?.. The helpful, friendly service that chatted with my family and smiled every time they stopped by. Even the owner paused at our table for some bouyant conversation!
The Burger Bar in San Francisco. Now, I do not believe San Francisco is the appropriate place for burger cuisine and I think the Burger Bar kind of proved it. San Francisco is liberal, environmentally conscious and perhaps make an excellent veggie burger.. somewhere.. But beef, fat and frying may not be this city's thing. In fact, I should probably pursue the best veggie burger while I'm here in the Bay Area. Bottom line, this particular burger was mediocre, overpriced and not worth choosing over the Cheesecake Factory, which happens to also be in the same building (Macy's!). Luckily for the Burger Bar, I was in a good mood that day. On this particular day, I was with my ruggedly handsome burger boy toy. He came all the way from Washington to visit me for my birthday, which also happened to be on this day. I know what you're thinking, how dare the Burger Bar serve Burger Brittany a mediocre burger on her burger birthday?! It's OK, french fried friends, I was happy regardless. I give the restaurant a 6/10, but I give their sexy milkshake advertising a perfect 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment